Details and chart or table of the different logic IC families including RTL, DTL, TTL, ECL to 7400 series and the modern low power low voltage versions. Read more »
A summary and tables of the LTE frequency band spectrum allocations for 3G & 4G LTE - TDD and FDD. Read more »
- What is VoLTE, Voice over LTE
- 3G LTE, Long Term Evolution, Tutorial
- LTE FDD, TDD, TD-LTE Duplex Schemes
- LTE Frame Structures
Radio receiver intercept point / third order intercept point: what it is, the factors that affect it and how it can be improved within a receiver. Read more »
- Comparison of 8-QAM, 16-QAM, 32-QAM, 64-QAM 128-QAM, 256-QAM, etc
- FM Demodulation
- Frequency Modulation Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is Phase Shift Keying, PSK
Overview, summary, tutorial about the Yagi antenna sometimes called the Yagi-Uda RF antenna that is widely used where gain and directivity are required from an RF antenna design. Read more »
- Electromagnetic waves and antenna basics
- Antenna resonance and bandwidth
- Antenna feed impedance
- MIMO Formats: SISO, SIMO, MISO, MIMO
Essential circuit details, equations and calculations for operational amplifier gain for generic, open and closed loop circuit configurations. Read more »
Facts of the day
7 December 2013
History - It was on this day in 1972 that Apollo 17 was launched. It was the sixth and last mission to date to land a man on the Moon.
Quote - I think there's a world market for about five computers.- Thomas Watson, founder of IBM. Said well before the introduction of any PCs!
Fact - Borodin, the famous music composer was not a full-time professional composer, but rather a doctor and lecturer in chemistry at the Academy in St Petersburg in Russia.
List of Wi-Fi / WLAN / 802.11 bands, their channel frequencies and bandwidth, 2.4 & 5 GHz allocations worldwide, & summary of which WiFi channels can be used together. Read more »
- Essentials of IEEE 802.11af White-Fi
- NFC Tags and Tag Types
- IEEE 802.11a
- RFID coupling techniques - backscatter, capacitive, inductive ..
Essential details about oscilloscope probes, or scope probes, detailing active and passive probes, 1X, 10X, 100X; how to use; adjust; circuits, etc. Read more »