Essential details about LTE CoMP, coordinated multipoint used with 4G LTE cellular systems to coordinate the transmission/reception for a UE from several points to improve performance. Read more »
Discover why delay balancing / synchronisation is required within envelope tracking: how it is done, why it is needed and the effects of mismatch. Read more »
- Comparison of 8-QAM, 16-QAM, 32-QAM, 64-QAM 128-QAM, 256-QAM, etc
- Frequency Modulation Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is QAM, Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- What is MSK, Minimum Shift Keying Modulation
Robert Troy, from ON Semiconductor details the way ASIC design is moving forwards and the different trends that are being seen. Read more »
- PCB Design for EMC
- Capacitor Smoothing Circuits & Calculations
- Op Amp Gain Calculations & Tutorial
- Operational Amplifier Low Pass Filter Circuit
Essentials about the different types of capacitor that are available: performance, construction, specifications, parameters, advantages, disadvantages of the differnet capacitor types and where they are best used. Read more »
List of Wi-Fi / WLAN / 802.11 bands, their channel frequencies and bandwidth, 2.4 & 5 GHz allocations worldwide, & summary of which WiFi channels can be used together. Read more »
Facts of the day
12 March 2014
History - It was on this day in 1824 that Gustav Kirchhoff, the physicist, who gave his name to the famous Kirchhoff's Laws was born.
Quote - When you are confronted with a hard problem that you cannot solve, there's another problem that you can solve, so go and fix that first. - George Polya, mathematician
The way things are - The only perfect science is hind-sight.
A summary or tutorial of the basics of the way electromagnetic waves are reflected, refracted and diffracted. Read more »
- Multipath Fading Signall Propagation Tutorial
- What is MIMO - Multiple Input Multiple Output?
- Antenna Diplexer, Duplexer, Splitter, Combiner
- Yagi antenna
Key essentials, hints and tips about using a spectrum analyzer: how to use one to make radio frequency tests and measurements. Read more »