An overview or tutorial of the basics of the DECT cordless phone system, outlining its technology, features and the way in which it operates. Read more »
- Wi-Fi 802.11 Channels & Frequencies
- Essentials of IEEE 802.11af White-Fi
- Bluetooth Radio Interface, Modulation & Channels
- NFC Near Field Communication Tutorial
Our editor, Ian Poole talks to Scott Hoffpauir, Chief Technology Officer, Broadsoft about VoLTE technology and its deployment Read more »
- LTE Frequency Bands and Spectrum Allocations
- Mobile World Congress 2014: Main Themes
- LTE UE Categories and Classes
- Carrier Aggregation – How to Test the Key Enabler for LTE Advanced
Robert Troy, from ON Semiconductor details the way ASIC design is moving forwards and the different trends that are being seen. Read more »
Patrick Hanley, Marketing Manager at Atmel looks at capacitive techniques for interacting remotely with a user interface. Read more »
Essential details of Gaussian Minimum Shift Keying or Gaussian filtered Minimum Shift Keying, GMSK, the modulation scheme used in GSM and many other communications systems. Read more »
- LC Low Pass Filter Circuit
- OFDM -Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex - Tutorial
- Comparison of 8-QAM, 16-QAM, 32-QAM, 64-QAM 128-QAM, 256-QAM, etc
- What is Phase Modulation?
Facts of the day
8 March 2014
History - It was on 3 March 1847 that Alexander Graham Bell, the person often credited with the invention of the telephone was born.
Quote - Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world. - Isaac Asimov
The way things are - It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Essentials about the different types of capacitor that are available: performance, construction, specifications, parameters, advantages, disadvantages of the differnet capacitor types and where they are best used. Read more »
A summary or tutorial of the basics of the way electromagnetic waves are reflected, refracted and diffracted. Read more »
- Antenna resonance and bandwidth
- Antenna polarization or polarisation
- What is MIMO - Multiple Input Multiple Output?
- Dipole Antenna Length Calculation & Formula