A tutorial, description or information about the basics of 3G UMTS HSUPA, High Speed Uplink Packet Access, an integral part of HSPA. Read more »
- LTE Frequency Bands and Spectrum Allocations
- LTE UE Categories and Classes
- What is VoLTE, Voice over LTE
- 4G LTE-Advanced Tutorial
Details of the technology behind FRAM, ferroelectric random access memory along with how it works. Read more »
- Capacitor Types - An Overview
- What is a Phototransistor?
- Phototransistor Symbol and Circuit Configurations
- Types of Diode
- MIMO Formats: SISO, SIMO, MISO, MIMO
- Dipole Antenna: Theory & Practice
- Parabolic Reflector or Dish Antenna
- Folded Dipole Antenna
Essentials about RF attenuators with details of circuit topologies as well as resistor calculations. Read more »
- Comparison of 8-QAM, 16-QAM, 32-QAM, 64-QAM 128-QAM, 256-QAM, etc
- Frequency Modulation Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is GMSK Modulation?
- Superheterodyne receiver radio block diagram
Mark Larson, President of Digi-Key, describes how today’s global market needs are redefining how electronic components are distributed Read more »
Facts of the day
10 December 2013
History - It was on this day in 1901 that the first Nobel prizes were awarded. They were insituted in the will of Alfred Nobel, the Swedish industrialist who invented gunpower. The idea of the award was to reward people who served mankind.
Quote - No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut." - Sam Rayburn
The way things are - Tell someone that there are 300 billion stars in the universe and they will believe you. Tell them a door has wet paint on it and they will have to touch to be sure.
Essential circuit details, equations and calculations for operational amplifier gain for generic, open and closed loop circuit configurations. Read more »
List of Wi-Fi / WLAN / 802.11 bands, their channel frequencies and bandwidth, 2.4 & 5 GHz allocations worldwide, & summary of which WiFi channels can be used together. Read more »
- Essentials of IEEE 802.11af White-Fi
- NFC Near Field Communication Tutorial
- RFID coupling techniques - backscatter, capacitive, inductive ..
- WiMAX IEEE 802.16 Technology Tutorial