Troubleshooting the LTE Radio Interface
- Training method:
- Open / Scheduled
- 4 days
- Guide price:
- Euros 2,780 (excl. VAT)
Who should attend:
This course is targeted at telecom professionals working on troubleshooting, quality assessment, optimisation, and OAM of E-UTRA.
Participants must hold basic knowledge of LTE/EPC network architecture, terminology and modes of operation. For required background knowledge, attending Apis’ course LTE/EPC System Overview (or equivalent) is recommended. Additionally, familiarity with E-UTRA interface, protocols and signalling scenarios, so as with network monitoring tools, e.g. TEMS Investigation, would be beneficial.
The course provides in-depth knowledge of protocols and procedures found on Evolved UTRAN (E-UTRAN) through theory combined with case studies and self-solved hands-on exercises. Complex practical troubleshooting and optimization activities are made simple using monitoring tools, such as TEMS Investigation, and log-files recorded in live networks. Throughout the course a number of signalling scenarios are analysed, showing both successful and failed scenarios. Participants are required to have a Windows laptop.
NOTE: The course is under development and the course content is subject to changes.
EPS Overview and E-UTRAN Protocol Architecture
• Mobile network evolution: GSM to EPS
• Network nodes, areas, bearer concepts and identity numbers introduced for EPS
• EPS interfaces and protocols
• E-UTRA frequency bands and UE capabilities
• Logical, Transport and Physical channels and their relation to the radio interface protocol stack
• X2, S1 and S11-interface protocol stacks
Uu-Interface (E-UTRA Radio Interface) Protocols
• NAS procedures (EMM and ESM)
• RRC procedures
• UE states and state transitions (NAS and RRC)
• PDCP and RLC protocols
• MAC and E-UTRA Scheduling
• Dynamic scheduling and semi-persistent scheduling
• E-UTRA Physical Layer
The X2 Interface
• X2 Application Protocol (X2AP) procedures
• Inter cell interference cooperation
• Data forwarding and in-order delivery of data PDUs at handover
• Interworking with legacy R8 or pre-R8 3GPP networks
• Interworking with non-3GPP access networks
• Overview of various solutions for interworking with the CS domain
E-UTRAN Signalling Procedures and Hands-on Exercises
• Random access procedure
• RRC connection establishment
• Attach procedure, incl. establishment of default EPS bearer and security associations
• Dedicated Bearer activation
• Troubleshooting Case Studies
Find out more now...
For more information, latest training dates, etc., complete the enquiry form below.