On-line: LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) Seminar
- Training method:
- 90 minutes
- Guide price:
- € 65 (excl VAT)
The seminar offers an overview of the technical features currently being considered for further advancement of the LTE radio interface and radio access network in 3GPP Release 10 and beyond. This standardisation work is referred to as ‘LTE-Advanced’ (LTE-A) and aims at fulfilling, and exceeding, the requirements set up by ITU-R for the 4th generation mobile systems (‘real’ 4G). These ITU-R requirements are part of the ‘IMT Advanced’ development process.
The seminar begins with a brief summary of the standardisation history behind LTE/LTE-A, in relation to the development process for IMT Advanced. The second part contains an overview/refresh of Release 8 LTE radio features that, in one way or another, will be affected by the introduction of LTE-A. The third (and largest) part of the seminar describes the intended evolution/extension of these radio features for LTE-A. The third part also deals with the intended changes to the radio access network architecture. Expected performance targets and possible deployment and backward compatibility scenarios are mentioned.
Part I: Standardisation History
• Timeline of the LTE/LTE-A standardisation work up to and including R10
• Timeline of the IMT Advanced process
• IMT Advanced performance requirements
Part II: LTE Basics
• Overview of LTE radio techniques (MIMO, shared channel data transmission, usage of control channels)
• Frequency bands defined for LTE as of R9
• LTE downlink and uplink radio frames
• LTE performance vs IMT Advanced
Part III: LTE-A Features
• Potential new frequency bands for LTE-A
• Enhanced downlink MIMO techniques
• Enhanced uplink transmission techniques
• Carrier aggregation: concept, options, investigated scenarios and impact on control channels
• Coordinated Multipoint transmission and reception (CoMP): concept, joint processing, dynamic cell selection, coordinated beamforming, uplink CoMP
• Relay architecture: relay nodes and donor cells, inband/outband relaying, S1/X2-interface proxying
• Other enhancements
Find out more now...
For more information, latest training dates, etc., complete the enquiry form below.