2G 3G Core Network Signalling
- Training method:
- Open / Scheduled
- 3 days
- Guide price:
- € 2,410 (excl. VAT)
2G 3G Core Network Signalling Course
The 2G and 3G core network signalling training course covers a key element within the 2G and 3G cellular networks.
The 2G and 3G network architectures are well defined and well established. 2G and 3G cellular systems are very widely deployed and as a result it is necessary for many people to have a very good understanding of their operation.
The core network signalling involves the use of specific signalling protocols and application layer protocols.
The core network signalling involves many aspects including the various transport network protocols including SS7, ATM and IP, along with the various application layer protocols.
The course provides a good grounding in the 2G / 3G core network signalling elements. It describes the various transport network protocols including ATM, IP, and SS& and also includes a detailed description of the application layer protocols.
In addition to this the core network signalling course provides a n overview of some elements of the user plane transport as well as topics including packet data tunnelling, circuit-switched traffic in ATM- or IP-based networks.
Furthermore the core network signalling course provides details of a number of signalling scenarios which are analysed in a step by step fashion to aid understanding. These topics include BICC, CAMEL, GTP, H.248, MAP and SIP-I.
2G 3G Core Network Signalling Course Contents:
• Overview of 3GPP UMTS core network
• Brief overview of functions of various nodes
• 3GPP network evolution in different releases • Protocols used on different interfaces
Basics of SS7
• Overview of Signalling System No. 7
• SS7 protocols in fixed and mobile networks
• Functions of Signalling Connection Control Part
• Functions of Message Transfer Part
Transport: ATM & IP
• Basic ATM concepts
• Usage of AAL2 and AAL5 in 3GPP networks
• Application of Signalling ATM Adaptation Layer
• Basic IP concepts
• Overview of transport protocols: UDP, TCP, SCTP
• RTP and RTCP for real-time traffic transport
GTP-C version 1
• GTP variants and versions
• Location management procedures
• Tunnel management procedures
• Mobility management procedures
• Path management procedures
Mobile Application Part
• MAP interfaces in 3GPP networks
• MAP versions: handling and negotiation of application context names and versions
• MAP operations for mobility, call handling, supplementary services management, recovery, etc.
• CAMEL phases in different 3GPP releases
• Triggering of CAMEL call/session handling
• Example CAMEL operations
• CAMEL subscription information records, their types and parameters
H.248 - Gateway Control Protocol
• Applications for H.248/MEGACO
• The H.248 model: terminations, contexts, commands
• Transport of H.248 messages
• H.248 packages
BICC and SIP-I
• Basic BICC concepts, messages, and procedures
• Q.1970/Q.1990 tunnelling
• Forward and backward through-connection
• SDP usage for Nb interface data flows
• Overview of basic SIP protocol
• SIP-I option for Nc interface
• Session Description Protocol
User data transfer
• Nb interface user plane frame protocol
• AMR and AMR-WB formats and transport
• Collapsed core network architecture: direct data transfer between GGSN and UTRAN
• Transcoder-free and tandem-free operation
• Tunnelling of packet-switched user data with GTP-U
A number of signalling scenarios is discussed and analysed step-by-step throughout the course, investigating individual messages and their parameters:
• Call setup variations, using ISUP, BICC, SIP-I, and CAMEL
• PDP context handling using GTP
• Mobility scenarios using MAP
In order to gain the maximum benefit from the core network signalling course a high-level knowledge about the 2G/3G network structure, nodes, and procedures for various scenarios is advised.
Find out more now...
For more information, latest training dates, etc., complete the enquiry form below.